Creamy Garlic Shrimp With Parmesan
Recipe from Mihaela
- 2 tbsp oil from jarred sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lb (700g) raw jumbo shrimp - peeled, deveined with tails on
- 1/2 yellow onion - finely chopped
- 2-3 large garlic cloves - minced
- 2 oz (56g) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes - drained and small chopped
- 1/2 cup (120ml) low-sodium fish or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1 cup (100g) fresh grated Parmesan
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup (24g) packed fresh basil leaves
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then sear them in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until just pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same preheated skillet, add the onion, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Sauté for about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and stir to remove all brown bits stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer until reduced by half.
- Reduce the heat to a medium-low.
- Add the cream, paprika, and crushed chili flakes to the skillet and stir until a creamy sauce forms.
- Add the Parmesan, stirring until melted into the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet and reheat for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve